March 2019 Newsletter • Your Idea. Our Solution.™
Highlights from this issue:
- Which BV Pigments should be used for Plastics?
- Spring Colour Trends
- ANTEC 2019: Download the “History of Colour in Plastics” Paper
- ECS 2019: Show Highlights
Which Bismuth Vanadate Pigments should be used for Plastics?
Bismuth Vanadate pigments have been incorporated into plastics since their inception over 35 years ago. They provide outstanding heat-fastness, light-fastness and chemical resistance across all colour depths and are exceptional products for low warping applications. Coupled with their clean chromatic greenish yellow shade and exceptional hiding power, they are an excellent choice for many plastic applications. With products suitable for use in PVC – both rigid and flexible, polyolefins, and engineering polymers such as polyamide, polyester, styrenics and EPL the product range provides colouring solutions for most plastic applications. These properties make DCC LANSCO® Yellow Bismuth Vanadate pigments the ideal alternative for difficult to replace lead chrome pigments.
For rigid and flexible PVC and polyolefins. Cleanliness of shade and optimum tinting strength is provided by DCC Yellow 2GLMA. With zero tendency to migrate and with heat-fastness to 275°C it is stable in PVC and all olefins including HDPE and polypropylene. Excellent opacity and non-warping characteristics make it eminently suitable for extruded products with highly chromatic colours. The outstanding weather/light-fastness of DCC Yellow 2GLMA, even in pale tints make it the ideal choice for durable goods such as PVC siding and garden furniture. To extend the available shade gamut, DCC Yellow 3RLM (lemon shade yellow) and DCC Yellow 5RLM (medium shade yellow) are also recommended.
For Engineering Resins. DCC Yellow 2GTS combines improved strength, chroma and cleanliness of shade with heat stability to 320°C. Like DCC Yellow 2GTM, which has been the reference standard for engineering plastics for many years, it can be shaded with CICP’s (Complex Inorganic Coloured Pigments) and organic pigments. DCC Yellow 2GTS is suitable for use in most engineering plastics, including polyamide, polyester, styrenics and EPL.
Boric Acid Free, DCC Yellow 2GTI is the first of a new generation of DCC Bismuth Vanadate pigments that is especially designed for polyamide and engineering plastics that keeps its clean green shade even when processed at high temperatures.
For more information on these pigments, click here.
Spring Colour Trends
Spring is officially here! Naturally, after a dull and dreary winter, Spring is associated with colour. During this time, we commonly see a rise in architectural paint sales. Why? People are painting their houses to freshen them up after the winter months, and often because they are preparing to sell their homes. Interestingly, according to a recent article by Megan Beauchamp, some of this spring’s most popular colours for interior design (not specific to paint) are a bit more mundane than one might expect. Apart from mustard yellows, it appears that deep greens, moody hues, high contrast neutrals, and warm neutrals seem to dominate the market.1 When considering paint trends, there are still some very similar colours being used however we’re seeing some more colourful hues such as deep reds, rich purples, aqua blues and vibrant coral, to soft terracottas and blush pink. These were inspired by many paint brand’s “Colour of the Year”, including Benjamin Moore, PPG, Sherwin Williams, and Pantone.2
ANTEC 2019: The History of Colour in Plastics
Lucy Gibbons & Helen Skelton
ECS 2019: Highlights
The ECS 2019 was yet again, an amazing show to attend! At the ECS 2019, we launched our latest Dispersions Brochure, as well as EU-specific Product Directory & Powder Coatings Brochure.
Click on the images below to download them now!
Photo highlights from ECS 2019! To see more pictures, check out our photos on Facebook.
Your Sales Representatives
Please contact your regional sales representative for more information on the products advertised here and any others in our product range. Please contact your regional sales representative for any product related questions!
- Jeff Babich, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Michele Claeson, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rick Devore, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Larry Frank, VP Sales & Marketing Inorganic Pigments (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mark Freshwater, VP Sales & Marketing Organic Pigments (email@example.com)
- Don Greenwald, CRO & President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Paul Holder, Sales Manager, Canada (email@example.com)
- Suzanne Letrondo, Technical Sales Representative Specialty Coatings DCC Monteith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jon Morrison, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Bob Neu, Business Development Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Hani Sarhan, General Sales Manager (Canada) (email@example.com)
- Peter Baggen, Vice President Sales (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jon Rymer, Vice-President Strategic Business Development (email@example.com)
- Andy Fenlon, General Sales Manager EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dominique Galy, Sales Manager, France, Spain & Portugal (email@example.com)
- Bruno Krato, Sales Manager, DACH Region (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lieven Vandenberghe, European Coatings Industry, Coordination Manager (email@example.com)
- Raimund Wilhelm, Sales Manager, DACH Region (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prakash Naik, DCC UK, Global Procurement & Business Development (email@example.com)
- Julian Ling, DCC UK, Product Manager – Digital Inks (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Laura Kenny Business Development Representative, UK (email@example.com)
- Phil Conway, Sales Manager, UK (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Haytham Sayed, Business Development – Middle East & Africa (email@example.com)
Do you have news worth sharing?
About DCC Lansco
DCC LANSCO® is a manufacturer and supplier of pigments for our customers in the coatings, plastics, printing ink and paper industries worldwide. Our extensive range of pigments is backed by technical expertise, our commitment to service excellence, continuous improvement, environmental, health, safety and social responsibility. Please visit www.dominioncolour.com for more information on our product range.