May 2019 Newsletter • Your Idea. Our Solution.™
Highlights from this issue:
- Introducing our Unified North American Product Range!
- Eastern Coatings Show:
- Presentation: Pigment interactions in Coatings and Colorants – Physical Chemical Principles (Jadel Baptista)
- How long is your Pool Liner expected to Last?
Introducing our Unified North American Product Range!
Click here to download them today!
The Eastern Coatings Show was held from May 13 – 15, 2019
(Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City).
ECS 2019 Poster Presentation
At the recent Eastern Coatings Show, Jadel Baptista (Technical Director, DCC LANSCO), presented on the pigment interactions in coatings in colourants. Below is his abstract from his poster presentation.
Title: Pigment interactions in Coatings and Colorants – Physical Chemical Principles
Author: Jadel Baptista, email: email@example.com, Phone: (401) 250-5752
Abstract: Pigment dispersions in coatings and colorants are thermodynamically unstable systems. In order to maintain the stability of the system, formulators must use select additives which in conjunction with the proper pigment selection and processing conditions are critical in achieving the desired performance of the finished coating as well as it’s “Metastability”.
The interactions of one pigment or combination of pigments with additives, resins, and solvents, can modify the coatings performance properties and therefore must be considered. Understanding the different pigment types and properties, and the concepts involved on these interactions, can help formulators avoid potential problems.
This paper will focus on the interaction between dispersing agents, solvents, resins, and thickeners with the pigments, and the physical chemical principles involved in these interactions. The theory behind flooding, floating, settling, and gelling will also be discussed.
How long is your Pool Liner expected to Last?
As summer approaches, we naturally start to think of swimming! Pools will be opened shortly and certain questions seem to pop up, such as, how long will my pool liner last? Vinyl pool liners typically have warranties of 20-30 years, however they more realistically last anywhere from 5-10 years. Reasons for the liner degrading include punctures in the lining, pool maintenance, improper installation, and of course, colour degradation!
There are certain high-performance pigments (Indanthrone Blue range) that are designed to withstand the chemicals from a pool and maintain that bright blue colour. Click here to browse these Blue pigments (Blue A2RU/A2RX, A3R, A3RN). These products are available worldwide.
Your Sales Representatives
Please contact your regional sales representative for more information on the products advertised here and any others in our product range. Please contact your regional sales representative for any product related questions!
- Jeff Babich, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Michele Claeson, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Rick Devore, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Larry Frank, VP Sales & Marketing Inorganic Pigments (email@example.com)
- Mark Freshwater, VP Sales & Marketing Organic Pigments (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Don Greenwald, CRO & President (email@example.com)
- Paul Holder, Sales Manager, Canada (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Suzanne Letrondo, Technical Sales Representative Specialty Coatings DCC Monteith (email@example.com)
- Jon Morrison, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bob Neu, Business Development Manager (email@example.com)
- Hani Sarhan, General Sales Manager (Canada) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Peter Baggen, Vice President Sales (email@example.com)
- Jon Rymer, Vice-President Strategic Business Development (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Andy Fenlon, General Sales Manager EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) (email@example.com)
- Dominique Galy, Sales Manager, France, Spain & Portugal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bruno Krato, Sales Manager, DACH Region (email@example.com)
- Lieven Vandenberghe, European Coatings Industry, Coordination Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Raimund Wilhelm, Sales Manager, DACH Region (email@example.com)
- Prakash Naik, DCC UK, Global Procurement & Business Development (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Julian Ling, DCC UK, Product Manager – Digital Inks (email@example.com)
- Laura Kenny Business Development Representative, UK (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Phil Conway, Sales Manager, UK (email@example.com)
- Haytham Sayed, Business Development – Middle East & Africa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Do you have news worth sharing?
About DCC Lansco
DCC LANSCO® is a manufacturer and supplier of pigments for our customers in the coatings, plastics, printing ink and paper industries worldwide. Our extensive range of pigments is backed by technical expertise, our commitment to service excellence, continuous improvement, environmental, health, safety and social responsibility. Please visit www.dominioncolour.com for more information on our product range.