September 2019 Newsletter • Any Color. Any Application. Anywhere.™
Highlights from this issue:
- When was the Last Time Pigment Manufacturing Capacity was Built in North America?
- Workhorse Pigments for Food Contact Plastics
- What Happened at CAD RETEC 2019? Check Out the Highlights!
- Upcoming Conferences:
- Abrafati 2019 (Brazil)
- WCS 2019 (USA)
When was the last time pigment manufacturing capacity was built in North America?
A major investment has been made to increase our manufacturing capacity in North America. This was done to ensure a consistent supply will be available for our customers.
The goals behind this project include:
- Manufacture close to North American Customers
- Improved Availability/Shorter Lead times
- Greater Flexibility/Quicker Response
- Duty/Tariff Free
- Increase capacity to meet growing global demand
- Sustainability (low carbon footprint)
- New Technology/Tailored Products
- Long-term commitment to customers
We look forward to commissioning our new facility in the coming weeks!
Please contact email@example.com if you’d like more information!
Workhorse Pigments for Food Contact Plastics
Nigel Smith (Global Technical Service Manager) DCC LANSCO
This paper is intended to provide a summary of the common pigments that should form the core toolbox of any colorist working on food contact applications. The paper starts by examining the core reasons to color a polymer in the first place then showing the wide range of polymers and processing techniques. The key color chemistries are detailed along with the key criteria and performance characteristics to allow optimum selection focusing on extrusion and blow molding applications. The relevant FDA requirements are examined and an example of pigment selection decision making is given demonstrating the relevant cost benefits of correct pigment selection for the application, before moving on to detail the core organic aand inorganic pigment chemistries which are FDA compliant. These chemistries are then examined on a cost / performance basis to illustrate the wide variation available and to function as a reference chart for the pigment selection decision making process. Effect pigments are listed by chemistry as the range of these is too wide to cover in more detail. The limitations applicable to FDA compliance are then examined and discussed with regards to the restrictions applicable to the color formulator. A comparison of typical properties for inorganic and organic pigments compares and contrasts these pigment types. An example of the decision-making process follows demonstrating how optimum pigment selection for a particular application can have a significant effect on the cost of the colorant package. The paper wraps up with a summary of the core pigment chemistries.
Click here to download the full paper!
CAD RETEC 2019: Highlights
This year we were a diamond sponsor of the annual CAD RETEC conference! Below are some highlights from the Welcome Ceremony, our Breakfast, Fun Run, and more!
Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame!
Tuesday Morning Breakfast!
5K Fun Run Winner – Justin Gallagher!
We were able to raise $1280 for the Habitat for Humanity at our annual 5K Fun Run! Congratulations to the Fun Run winner, Justin Gallagher, who finished with a time of 23:06!
To see all the photos from RETEC, visit our Facebook page!
Abrafati & WCS 2019!
- October 1-3, Brazil
- Join us at Booth #112! DCC LANSCO Staff, Patrick Chan, Jadel Baptista, and Zully Villalobos will be at our booth to answer any sales or technical questions you might have!
- Listen in: 4 Steps for Effective Pigment Dispersion
Starting from Scratch Speaker: Jadel Baptista (DCC LANSCO)
Date: October 3, 2019
Time: 14h30 to 15h10
Western Coatings Societies Symposium & Show 2019
- October 20-23, 2019, Las Vegas (NV)
- Join us at Booth #429! DCC LANSCO Representatives, Larry Frank, Jadel Baptista, and Jon Morrison will be there!
We can’t wait to see you there!
Your Sales Representatives
Please contact your regional sales representative for more information on the products advertised here and any others in our product range. Please contact your regional sales representative for any product related questions!
- Jeff Babich, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Michele Claeson, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Rick Devore, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Larry Frank, VP Sales & Marketing Inorganic Pigments (email@example.com)
- Mark Freshwater, VP Sales & Marketing Organic Pigments (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Don Greenwald, CRO & President (email@example.com)
- Paul Holder, Sales Manager, Canada (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Suzanne Letrondo, Technical Sales Representative Specialty Coatings DCC Monteith (email@example.com)
- Jon Morrison, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bob Neu, Business Development Manager (email@example.com)
- Hani Sarhan, General Sales Manager (Canada) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Peter Baggen, Vice President Sales (email@example.com)
- Jon Rymer, Vice-President Strategic Business Development (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Andy Fenlon, General Sales Manager EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) (email@example.com)
- Dominique Galy, Sales Manager, France, Spain & Portugal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bruno Krato, Sales Manager, DACH Region (email@example.com)
- Lieven Vandenberghe, European Coatings Industry, Coordination Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Raimund Wilhelm, Sales Manager, DACH Region (email@example.com)
- Prakash Naik, DCC UK, Global Procurement & Business Development (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Julian Ling, DCC UK, Product Manager – Digital Inks (email@example.com)
- Laura Kenny Business Development Representative, UK (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Phil Conway, Sales Manager, UK (email@example.com)
- Cosimo Azzarito, Sales Manager, Italy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Haytham Sayed, Business Development – Middle East & Africa (email@example.com)
About DCC Lansco
DCC LANSCO® is a global manufacturer of pigments for the coatings, plastics, printing ink and paper industries worldwide. Our extensive range of pigments is backed by technical expertise, our commitment to service excellence, continuous improvement, environmental, health, safety and social responsibility.
Please visit www.dominioncolour.com for more information on our product range.