April 2018 Newsletter • Your Idea. Our Solution.™
Dominion Colour Corporation is committed to providing high-quality pigments for the coatings, plastics, inks, and dispersions industries. This month, we’ve compiled a few stories that focus on the trends in the pigment market right now.
Highlights from this issue:
- DCC & LANSCO Merge Businesses
- DCC Completes REACH Registration
- Why are road markings, signs, and school buses painted yellow?
- How Pigment Choice Significantly Affects Cost Savings & Performance
- Highlights from ACS 2018
- Dr. Cristina Zanzottera presents at ANTEC 2018!
Connect with Dominion Colour Corporation
Dominion Colour and LANSCO Colors Merge Businesses
Dominion Colour Corporation (“DCC”), a leading global manufacturer of high performance pigments, dispersions, and preparations for the coatings, plastics and specialty ink industries, and LANSCO Colors (“LANSCO”), a market leading supplier of a wide-range of quality pigments sold to similar industries, announced earlier this month that they will be merging their companies. The combination of DCC and LANSCO will bring together the strengths of both companies, significantly benefitting pigment consuming customers by offering a broad portfolio of color pigments and technical expertise worldwide.
For more information, please contact Dr. Bruce Howie, Global Product Marketing Manager, Dominion Colour Corporation, or Dr. Frank Lavieri, EVP/GM, LANSCO Colors.
DCC Completes REACH Registration for Various Products
DCC offers a broad colour palette of pigments worldwide. To ensure ongoing supply to the European Union (EU), DCC has already successfully completed REACH registration for a wide range of our products.
As the EU enters into the final stages of registration, DCC is continuing to obtain the registrations for the remainder of the relevant substances in our product lines. After 31 May 2018, only those suppliers with REACH compliance (registration or exemption) may be in commerce in the EU. To guarantee an uninterrupted supply to the EU, please refer to our extensive selection of REACH registered products.
Why are road markings, signs, and school buses painted yellow?
Yellow catches your attention faster than any other colour. It’s been proven that if you see a yellow object in your peripheral vision, it will stand out even compared to other bright colours such as red. When used in combination with black, it is one of the easiest colour combinations to see from long distances, especially with dimmer lighting (ie. night time, fog, etc.)
Therefore, safety is the ultimate reason for using yellow on traffic signs, road markings, taxi cabs and school buses. In fact, regulations in the US require school buses to be painted yellow to meet safety criteria.
DCC has designed a wide range of yellow pigment shades for these applications. We also offer the specific colour match to US School Bus Yellow via our online colour matching service. Please browse our website to find the colour best suited for your product’s needs.
The following has been adapted from an article written by Peter Yard-Carey (DCC).
A certain class of pigments called Bismuth Vanadate meets the requirements of being highly chromatic and very opaque. It can achieve full hiding in 1 application versus 3+ coats, lending to its cost effectiveness in terms of labour (reduced amount of time to paint the plane 3x) as well as the reduced amount of weight (decreased fuel consumption).
Bismuth Vanadate pigments have far better durability properties which are especially important when considering UV degradation. There are several reasons to choose DCC Bismuth Vanadate products for your aerospace coating requirements. To read the full article, please click here.
American Coatings Show 2018: Highlights
The ACS is one of the most exciting coatings shows around the globe! The DCC team headed down to Indianapolis to meet with industry professionals and expand their knowledge of the latest coatings technologies and trends.
May 7 – 10, 2018
ANTEC is hosted by the Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE). It is the largest, most prominent technical conference in the plastics industry.
Dr. Cristina Zanzottera (Product Manager at DCC) is presenting on ‘Expanding the Boundaries of Bismuth Vanadate Pigments for Plastics’ at the upcoming ANTEC 2018 conference. Make sure to attend her session on May 7th at 3:00pm. To view the full schedule at ANTEC, please click here: >http://bit.ly/2o2WRCp
We look forward to seeing you there!
AITIVA (Italian Association of Industrial Paints Technicians) is a technical-scientific association with the aim of promoting the scientific culture through the paint/coatings industry. For the last 65 years AITIVA has been organizing congresses, meetings, round tables and training courses to allow for networking opportunities for those concerned with the production of paints, printing inks, varnishes, and similar products.
This year’s AITIVA meeting is being held on May 24th, 2018. Our distributor, Garzanti, as well as DCC’s Product Manager, Dr. Cristina Zanzottera, will be attending this conference.
Please join us at our booth!
Your Sales Representatives
Please contact your regional sales representative for more information on the products advertised here and any others in our product range. Please contact your regional sales representative for any product related questions!
- Jeff Babich, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Michele Claeson, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Rick Devore, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Larry Frank, VP Sales & Marketing Inorganic Pigments (email@example.com)
- Mark Freshwater, VP Sales & Marketing Organic Pigments (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Paul Holder, Technical Sales Representative (email@example.com)
- Suzanne Letrondo, Technical Sales Representative Specialty Coatings DCC Monteith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Paul Locke, General Sales Manager, North America (email@example.com)
- Snezana Milanovich, Technical Sales Representative (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jon Morrison, Distributor Sales Manager & Sales Representative (email@example.com)
- Bob Neu, Business Development Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Hani Sarhan, General Sales Manager (Canada) and Business Development Manager (North America) (email@example.com)
- George Hughes, Integration Manager, Europe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Peter Baggen, Vice President Sales (email@example.com)
- Jon Rymer, Vice-President Strategic Business Development (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Andy Fenlon, General Sales Manager EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) (email@example.com)
- Dominique Galy, Sales Manager, France, Spain & Portugal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bruno Krato, Sales Manager, DACH Region (email@example.com)
- Lieven Vandenberghe, European Coatings Industry, Coordination Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Matthew Brooks, DCC UK, European Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Jack Eaton, DCC UK, Technical Sales Representative (UK & Ireland) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prakash Naik, DCC UK, Head of Technical (email@example.com)
- Julian Ling, DCC UK, Product Manager – Digital Inks (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Patrick Chan, Regional Sales Director, Asia Pacific & LATAM (email@example.com)
- Effendi Wijaya, Technical Sales Manager, Asia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Yvonne Chang, Technical Sales Manager, Asia (email@example.com)
- Haytham Sayed, Business Development – Middle East & Africa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Michele Claeson, Sales Manager, Puerto Rico (email@example.com)
- Julia Guerinoni, Regional Sales Manager, North Latin America & Caribbean (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Zully Villalobos, Technical Sales Manager, Latin America (email@example.com)
Do you have news worth sharing?