February 2018 Newsletter • Your Idea. Our Solution.™
Dominion Colour Corporation is committed to providing the global markets with high-quality pigments for the coatings, plastics, inks, and dispersions industries. Over the course of February, many exciting things took place at DCC. We launched DCC’s Pigment Red 7188 – a yellow shade red pigment for high-end coatings applications, just in time for Valentines day! We also officially merged our dispersion business subsidiary, Gemini, into our organization. The DCC website now features the full range of dispersion products for you to browse. In order to remain competitive in this market, we also increased our prices on certain products. Last but not least, we’re pleased to announce that we’ve hired two new employees and promoted two of our long-standing employees.
Connect with Dominion Colour Corporation
February’s Featured Pigment: DCC Red 7188
In light of Valentine’s day, we are promoting the recently launched DCC Red 7188 (PR.188) this month. The colour red is associated with life, love, war, and death and evokes emotions of passion, energy, and power. It is our mission at DCC to bring vibrant pigments like Red 7188 to the world, in order to arouse these emotions from downstream customers. DCC Red 7188 is a bright yellow shade naphthol AS red pigment that is considered a drop-in match to the market standard. It used for a wide array of high-end coatings applications due to its excellent durability properties. It also represents an outstanding lead-free alternative to molybdate orange pigments and is registered world-wide.
Drop in Match to Market Standard
DCC Red 7188 it is considered a drop-in match in masstone and similar shade and strength in tint to the market standard (see Figure 1 & 2 below).
Recommended Applications: Industrial, Architectural & Powder Coatings
Due to its excellent fastness, durability and dispersibility properties, it is recommended for high-end industrial, architectural and powder coatings applications. This red pigment can also be used in certain automotive and coil coating systems.
Customers are increasingly looking for heavy-metal free alternative pigments. DCC Red 7188 fills this need, as it is an organic pigment that represents an outstanding lead-free alternative to molybdate orange pigments.
DCC Merges Dispersion Business Subsidiary, Gemini Dispersions Ltd, into parent organization
DCC is pleased to announce that it has fully merged its Dispersions business subsidiary, Gemini Dispersions Ltd, into DCC. This includes all activities of the business, including changes to its name, contact information, sales, customer service, and website.
The name of Gemini Dispersions Ltd is now Dominion Colour Corporation and all references to Gemini from correspondence, technical literature, safety data sheets, etc., have been discontinued. The ‘Gemsperse’ tradename has been retained as well as the individual product codes, so customers are able to order their products as before. All contact telephone numbers at the Waterfoot site remain, but all email addresses have been changed from the domain name @geminidispersions.com to the new domain name @dominioncolour.eu. Sales and customer service will become the responsibility of DCC’s global sales and customer service network. The Gemini website will be redirected to the DCC website shortly, which now illustrates the ranges of dispersions available, the product index, and the corresponding product selection guides. Please visit the dispersions portion of the DCC website to view the newly re-branded dispersions materials.
We are very excited about the merger of the two businesses and look forward to serving you with the full range of Dominion Colour’s solutions portfolio.
DCC® will increase prices of several azo and dye based organic pigments globally
Conferences – 2018
- Middle East Coatings Show (March)
- American Coatings Show (April)
- ANTEC/NPE 2018: The Plastics Show (May)
- Coatings for Africa (May)
- CAD RETEC (September)
- OCCA SURFEX Conference (September)
- North African Coatings Congress (October)
- Ramspec conference – Italy (October)
- China Coat (November)
New DCC® Employees:
DCC is so pleased to welcome two new employees to our team – Annegret & Diana!
DCC “People on the Move”
Congratulations to Dave Campbell and Mila Khatri on their new roles and responsibilities within DCC!
Your Sales Representatives
Please contact your regional sales representative for more information on the products advertised here and any others in our product range. Please contact your regional sales representative for any product related questions!
- Paul Locke, General Sales Manager, North America (email@example.com)
- Paul Holder, Technical Sales Representative (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Suzanne Letrondo, Technical Sales Representative Specialty Coatings DCC Monteith (email@example.com)
- Bob Neu, Business Development Manager, NA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jon Morrison, Distributor Sales Manager & Sales Representative (email@example.com)
- Snezana Milanovich, Technical Sales Representative (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Hani Sarhan, General Sales Manager (Canada) and Business Development Manager (North America) (email@example.com)
- George Hughes, Integration Manager, Europe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Peter Baggen, Vice President Sales (email@example.com)
- Jon Rymer, Vice-President Strategic Business Development (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Andy Fenlon, General Sales Manager EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) (email@example.com)
- Dominique Galy, Sales Manager, France, Spain & Portugal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bruno Krato, Sales Manager, DACH Region (email@example.com)
- Lieven Vandenberghe, European Coatings Industry, Coordination Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Matthew Brooks, DCC UK, European Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Jack Eaton, DCC UK, Technical Sales Representative (UK & Ireland) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prakash Naik, DCC UK, Head of Technical (email@example.com)
- Julian Ling, DCC UK, Product Manager – Digital Inks (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Patrick Chan, Regional Sales Director, Asia Pacific & LATAM (email@example.com)
- Effendi Wijaya, Technical Sales Manager, Asia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Yvonne Chang, Technical Sales Manager, Asia (email@example.com)
- Haytham Sayed, Business Development – Middle East & Africa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Julia Guerinoni, Regional Sales Manager, North Latin America & Caribbean (email@example.com)
- Zully Villalobos, Technical Sales Manager, Latin America (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Do you have news worth sharing?