2021: Year in Review
COVID-19 continued to impact market trends throughout 2021. In an interview we had with David Wawer, he identified many changes to the market, including:
- Interior paint market was booming because people were spending more time at home and were spending money on home improvements, including re-painting their homes.
- Drop-offs in sales were seen in the automotive finishes market and industrial coatings market (because repairs haven’t been a focus in the last year).
- Printing inks manufacturers saw growth in their market due to an increase in shipments to residential locations – whether that be food delivery or online shopping.
- A continued sharp increase in demand for plastics products for packaging, as well as in place of steel
- We also saw (and continue to see) a disruption of raw materials.
For the full interview with David Wawer, click here.
Over the course of 2021, we hosted three webinars to stay connected with our customers, and will continue to do so into 2022.
- Value Beyond Color! March 3rd
- Bismuth Vanadate Pigments for Plastics. October 13th
- Ultramarine Blue. November 16th
Our webinars can be re-watched on our Events Page.
New ERP System
For just over a year, teams of our employees have been working diligently on the set up of a new computer system to run our business and serve customers better. We currently have three different legacy computer systems on which we operate. They served their purpose but now that we have merged to form DCL, they are being replaced with a new, state-of-the-art ERP system that the entire company will operate on.
A key goal of this project is to provide better service to customers through an integrated planning system and more detailed management of our supply chain to improve on-time-delivery.
For full details and updates on our new ERP System, click here.
Acquisition of Sun Chemical’s Bushy Park Site
DCL Corporation acquired Sun Chemical’s Bushy Park plant in Goose Creek, South Carolina, USA on July 31, 2021.
This acquisition included the production and sales of the perylene and quinacridone product portfolio, as well as additional products that fall under the color indexes for Pigment Yellow 139, Red 188, and Black 7. Adding this high-performance pigment portfolio (manufactured in the USA) to DCL’s established platform and global operations was a complementary acquisition for DCL, a global leader in color pigments and dispersions for the coatings, plastics and ink industries.
For more details on the acquisition, click here.
In 2021, we updated our North American and European Pigment Directories. We also created a Bismuth Vanadate for Pigments Brochure, Ultramarine Blue Pigments Brochure, and a guide of our New High-Performance Pigment Portfolio that we acquired from Sun Chemical’s Bushy Park site.
To browse the available pigment brochures in your region, click here!
2021 Trade Shows
Having spent the last year and a half apart, the DCL Team was thrilled to meet at several conferences in the second half of the year – SPE CAD RETEC, Middle Eastern Coatings Show, and Eastern Coatings Show.
This time of year has a special place for many people across the globe. There are so many types of celebrations that happen during the winter months – Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, and more!
Our global offices will be closed on the following dates:
- Canada – December 24th – December 31st
- USA – December 24th
- UK – December 27th – December 31st
- Netherlands – December 31st
We wish you all the success in the New Year. We can’t wait to see you in 2022.
Your Sales Managers
Please contact your regional sales manager for more information on the products advertised here and any others in our product range.
- Jeff Babich, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Michele Claeson, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Rick Devore, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Melissa Koester, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Larry Lane, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Frank Lavieri, Executive VP Sales & Marketing (email@example.com)
- Mark Freshwater, VP Sales & Marketing Organic Pigments (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Scott Heitzman, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Paul Holder, Sales Manager, Canada (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Suzanne Letrondo, Technical Sales Representative Specialty Coatings, Monteith (email@example.com)
- Jon Morrison, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bob Neu, Business Development Manager (email@example.com)
- Peter Baggen, Vice President Sales (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Andy Fenlon, Director of European Sales (email@example.com)
- Lieven Vandenberghe, European Coatings Industry, Coordination Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Raimund Wilhelm, Sales Manager, DACH Region (email@example.com)
- Prakash Naik, UK, Global Procurement & Business Development (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Laura Kenny, Sales Manager, Dispersions (email@example.com)
- Phil Conway, Sales Manager, UK (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cosimo Azzarito, Sales Manager, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Key Account Manager Inks, EMEA (email@example.com)
- Andreas Weis, Sales Manager DACH Region (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Deniz Sarialtin, Sales Manager, France (email@example.com)
- Patrick Chan, Regional Sales Director, Asia Pacific & LATAM (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Effendi Wijaya, Technical Sales Manager, Asia (email@example.com)
- Yvonne Chang, Technical Sales Manager, Asia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Haytham Sayed, Business Development – Middle East & Africa (email@example.com)
- Michele Claeson, Sales Manager, Puerto Rico (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Denis Rojas, Regional Sales Manager, North Latin America & Caribbean (email@example.com)
- Zully Villalobos, Technical Sales Manager, Latin America (firstname.lastname@example.org)
About DCL Corporation
DCL Corporation is a manufacturer and supplier of pigments for our customers in the coatings, plastics, printing ink and paper industries worldwide. Our extensive range of pigments is backed by technical expertise, our commitment to service excellence, continuous improvement, environmental, health, safety and social responsibility. Please visit www.pigments.com for more information on our product range.