Join us at the American Coatings Show 2022!
5 Reasons to Visit Booth #2537
- Have a chat with us during our Networking Session on April 6th (3 – 5 PM)!
- Enter to Win a $200 Amazon Gift Card!
- Learn about DCL’s Expanding Pigment Capacity in North America
- Ask us about the New Perylene and Quinacridone Pigments in our range
- Pick up one of our New Brochures at the Booth!
Automotive Color in 2022
What do you think the most popular automotive colors are? Most people would think white, black, and grey/silver, and they’re right! White is consistently the most common vehicle color, year after year. These three shades (plus a few others!) are available without any extra charge when purchasing a car. However, those that want to showcase their personality through their vehicles, can have some fun with their color selection, at a cost of course!
Axalta recently announced their global automotive color of the year and it is a beautiful, Royal Magenta. This luxurious color has a merlot and garnet hue, intending to convey ‘elegance and style’. The intention is to ‘move toward magenta hues, sustainability and autonomous driving’.
Another interesting new technology as it applies to automotive color, is the new color changing car that BMW launched this year! Right now, it changes between black and white but it is expected that in the future, other colors will be possible.
How is DCL staying up to date with automotive trends?
DCL’s latest acquisition of perylene and quinacridone pigments from the state-of-the-art Bushy Park manufacturing site will serve the magenta shade color trend of this year. At our Maastricht site, we have also installed automotive paint testing facilities to support the high-performance quinacridones, perylenes, and Indanthrone blue pigments. We are capable of spraying masstone, tint and metallic applications at this new facility.
Further, DCL has been involved in the testing of the inks for the latest BMW color changing car.
DCL Attended AMI Thermoplastics 2022!
DCL continues to attend trade shows into 2022! At the end of January, DCL attended this year’s AMI Thermoplastics conference. It was held at the Renaissance World Golf Village Resort, in St Augustine, Florida (January 25-27). It was the 25th event that brings together high-level executives from across the global supply chain, including major concentrate production companies.
Upcoming Webinars in 2022
Is penny wise, pound foolish? Cost-in-use RAL shade matching for an industrial application
Presented by: Nigel Smith (Product Manager Dispersions & EMEA Technical Service) & Zeki Acar (Application Specialist/Business Development, Coatings)
Date: May 11, 2022 (9:00 AM EST)
This presentation looks at the most cost-effective route to matching selected RAL shades bearing in mind the application costs and expected lifetime of the coating. Using the lowest cost pigments will not necessarily result in the most cost-effective solution for an industrial coating.
Red Notice: Do you want the most inspiring reds? DCL’s Perylenes can be your solution!
Presented by: Martin Georg Baier (Technical Key Account Manager Automotive Coatings in Sales)
Date: June 22, 2022 (9:00 AM EST)
DCL presents how high-transparent, mega-vivid and ultra-chromatic reds can been achieved in coatings for automotive and plastics as well as in Fibers and Digital Inks. Technical panelists will include Scott Heitzman and Nigel Smith.
Your Sales Managers
Please contact your regional sales manager for more information on the products advertised here and any others in our product range.
- Jeff Babich, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Michele Claeson, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rick Devore, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Melissa Koester, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Larry Lane, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Frank Lavieri, Executive VP Sales & Marketing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mark Freshwater, VP Sales & Marketing Organic Pigments (email@example.com)
- Scott Heitzman, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Paul Holder, Sales Manager, Canada (email@example.com)
- Suzanne Letrondo, Technical Sales Representative Specialty Coatings, Monteith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jon Morrison, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Peter Baggen, Vice President Sales (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Andy Fenlon, Director of European Sales (email@example.com)
- Lieven Vandenberghe, European Coatings Industry, Coordination Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Raimund Wilhelm, Sales Manager, DACH Region (email@example.com)
- Prakash Naik, UK, Global Procurement & Business Development (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Laura Kenny, Sales Manager, Dispersions (email@example.com)
- Phil Conway, Sales Manager, UK (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cosimo Azzarito, Sales Manager, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Key Account Manager Inks, EMEA (email@example.com)
- Andreas Weis, Sales Manager DACH Region (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Deniz Sarialtin, Sales Manager, France (email@example.com)
- Patrick Chan, Regional Sales Director, Asia Pacific & LATAM (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Effendi Wijaya, Technical Sales Manager, Asia (email@example.com)
- Yvonne Chang, Technical Sales Manager, Asia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Haytham Sayed, Business Development – Middle East & Africa (email@example.com)
- Michele Claeson, Sales Manager, Puerto Rico (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Denis Rojas, Regional Sales Manager, North Latin America & Caribbean (email@example.com)
- Zully Villalobos, Technical Sales Manager, Latin America (firstname.lastname@example.org)
About DCL Corporation
DCL Corporation is a manufacturer and supplier of pigments for our customers in the coatings, plastics, printing ink and paper industries worldwide. Our extensive range of pigments is backed by technical expertise, our commitment to service excellence, continuous improvement, environmental, health, safety and social responsibility. Please visit www.pigments.com for more information on our product range.