January 2023 Newsletter: See the Difference We Make
Check out this month’s issue to learn about what is happening at DCL:
- DCL expects to be sold by March 2023
- Upcoming Shows in 2023!
- Pantone Color of the Year: Viva Magenta
- Orange 7336: Lower Viscosity at Higher Pigment Loadings
- DCL’s Distributor in Turkey, Prosim, Celebrates 25 Years!
DCL expects to be sold by March 2023
It is an exciting time at DCL! As previously announced, DCL is in the middle of a process to sell the business to new ownership. We anticipate that this process will be completed by the end of March and do not expect it to impact our customer and distributor relationships. We will communicate further details as soon as we are able.
Upcoming Shows in 2023!
- European Coatings Show (March 28-30) Nuremburg, Germany – Booth 3-420
- Eastern Coatings Show (May 16-28) Atlantic City, NJ, USA
- SPE CAD RETEC (September 18-20), Columbus, OH, USA
We look forward to seeing you there!
Pantone Color of the Year 2023: Viva Magenta
Viva Magenta 18-1750 is a vibrant, bold, lively color that exudes strength and fearlessness. Its reddish hue has roots in nature and gives a feeling of power.
According to Pantone, Viva Magenta 18-1750 is, “an unconventional shade for an unconventional time.”
What does the color mean?
Reds are strong, powerful colors. They signify passion, love and anger. It is often used to signal danger, which is why it is used on stop signs, traffic lights and fire engines.
Magenta is a color signifying universal harmony and emotional balance. This particular shade is intended to be bold and fun, while also having a soft quality to it. This color captures your eye because of its advancing color.
How was it selected?
During the selection process, Pantone noted an increased awareness and importance put on nature. Incorporating flowers and plants into our homes and rekindling our love for travel and outdoor recreation post-pandemic has put a heightened importance on nature in our lives.
DCL’s Magenta Pigments
We have several pigments (PR.122 & PR.202) that could be used to match the Viva Magenta color, whether it is for coatings, plastics or inks.
PR.122 is a dimethyl quinacridone pigment. It is a true and very strong magenta. It is a high-volume magenta for all applications except engineering polymers.
PR.202 is a magenta to red shade dichloro quinacridone pigment. The added chlorine atoms increase the overall stability. Its color falls in the same general shade range as the Magenta PR.122 but is used in applications that require improved stability. Heat stability is up to 300C.
DCL has many HPP pigments that are suitable for the bright and bold Viva Magenta. This bright magenta shade is best matched with Quindo PR.122 from our South Carolina facility.
- Key Quindo PR.122 codes designed for deco are 228-0066 and 228-6828.
DCL’s plastics grades have you covered with high performance dry color as well as extra easy dispersing SunPlast Magenta to match Viva Magenta.
Key Quindo PR.122 codes designed for plastics are:
- 228-0013 – Standard plastics grade for PVC to PP.
- 228-0131 – SunPlast G granule –market leading, low dusting, fiber, nonwoven and thin cross-section product.
- We have many other options in stock for immediate shipment
- Consider Quindo PR.202 for a more high performance alternative. It is a Sunplast granule so you get non-dusting, easy dispersion, and highest heat fastness
- 228-8655 SunPlast G granule – easy dispersing and slightly blue to 2280013.
- 228-6864 – SunPlast granule – Di chloro magenta perfect for fiber or engineering plastics. It is the primary code for plastics. It’s low dusting granule form offers a higher bulk density, provides greater thruput and is easy to weigh up. (FDA Approved)
Key Quindo PR.122 codes designed for printing:
- 228-0013 Standard
- 228-2820 CHROMATIC
- 228-6890 Ink jet
Orange 7336: Lower Viscosity at Higher Pigment Loadings
PO.36 for Coatings
7336 is an Orange 36 pigment with excellent hiding power. It can be universally incorporated into both high-end water and solvent based coating systems.
Some of its key characteristics include:
- Outstanding durability
- Heavy metal and Diarylide free
- Excellent alternative for Molybdate Orange pigments
- Excellent dispersion characteristics and rheological properties with enhanced storage stability.
- Highly chromatic with excellent gloss retention.
- Very good weatherfastness, heat stability and chemical resistance compared to the majority of organic orange pigments.
- 7336 is an excellent alternative to Molybdate orange pigments.
DCL’s Distributor in Turkey, Prosim, Celebrates 25 Years!
DCL visited Prosim, our distributor in Turkey, last fall to celebrate their 25th anniversary. We (DCL) contributed to their anniversary by handing them a token of appreciation for our partnership for over 20 years now!
From left to right: Deniz Sarialtin (Head of Sales France, Turkey & Israel, DCL), Peter Baggen (VP Sales, DCL), Andy Fenlon (Director of European Sales, DCL), Sema Ertan (Sales Director Prosim Kimya), Semih İşçimenler (Managing Director Prosim Kimya), Özlem Çınar (Vice General Manager Prosim Kimya), Bengi Aydilek (Sales Manager Prosim Kimya)
Your Sales Managers
Please contact your regional sales manager for more information on the products advertised here and any others in our product range.
- Jeff Babich, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Michele Claeson, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rick Devore, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Larry Lane, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Frank Lavieri, Executive VP Sales & Marketing (email@example.com)
- Mark Freshwater, VP Sales & Marketing Organic Pigments (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Scott Heitzman, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Paul Holder, Sales Manager, Canada (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Suzanne Letrondo, Sales Manager, Coatings & Dispersions, Monteith (email@example.com)
- Jon Morrison, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Peter Baggen, Vice President Sales (email@example.com)
- Andy Fenlon, Director of European Sales (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lieven Vandenberghe, European Coatings Industry, Coordination Manager (email@example.com)
- Raimund Wilhelm, Sales Manager, DACH Region (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prakash Naik, UK, Global Procurement & Business Development (email@example.com)
- Laura Kenny, Sales Manager, Dispersions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Phil Conway, Sales Manager, UK (email@example.com)
- Cosimo Azzarito, Sales Manager, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Key Account Manager Inks, EMEA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Andreas Weis, Sales Manager DACH Region (email@example.com)
- Deniz Sarialtin, Head of Sales France, Turkey & Israel, Business Development Manager Europe – Dispersions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Patrick Chan, Regional Sales Director, Asia Pacific (email@example.com)
- Effendi Wijaya, Technical Sales Manager, Asia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Yvonne Chang, Technical Sales Manager, Asia (email@example.com)
- Haytham Sayed, Business Development – Middle East & Africa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Michele Claeson, Sales Manager, Puerto Rico (email@example.com)
- Denis Rojas, Regional Sales Manager, North Latin America & Caribbean (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Zully Villalobos, Technical Sales Manager, Latin America (email@example.com)
About DCL Corporation
DCL Corporation is a manufacturer and supplier of pigments for our customers in the coatings, plastics, printing ink and paper industries worldwide. Our extensive range of pigments is backed by technical expertise, our commitment to service excellence, continuous improvement, environmental, health, safety and social responsibility. Please visit www.pigments.com for more information on our product range.