January 2021 Newsletter: See the Difference We Make
COVID-19 certainly has impacted the entire world over the last year. DCL has weathered the storm and was able to achieve a lot last year (New Brand Launch, New Organics Line, and more!). We are excited to see what 2021 will bring.
Check out this month’s issue to learn about the following:
- Upcoming Webinar: Value Beyond Color
- Green 386: Chromium Oxide Green for Military and Camouflage Applications
- Looking for the Most Alkali-Stable Bismuth Vanadate Pigments for Architectural Coatings?
- COVID-19 Update
Webinar: Value Beyond Color
Wednesday, March 3rd, 2021 (9:00 AM EST)
What is the best color match for a yellow airplane or a pink hotel?
A discussion of this question amongst experienced paint formulators would probably start with the cost of the ingredients to be considered and the climatic conditions the coatings will be exposed to. These criteria are important factors regarding the initial selection of ingredients to be used in the formulations; however, what else may come up? Could the formulator’s discussion turn to the weight of the dry paint film on the airplane and how it impacts the fuel costs of the plane over its lifetime? Would the formulators consider the total cost of painting the hotel over the course of not just one, but 10 or 20 years?
Longer-term color questions often lead to the most persuasive arguments for a coatings company’s arsenal to be used in winning contracts to paint hotels and airplanes. This webinar will feature these two cases, along with several other cases from the coatings and plastics industries.
Our aim is that attendees will take away a fresh idea or two with respect to formulating a color with pigments that create more value for the end customer. There are numerous pigment combinations that can be used to achieve the required yellow color for the airplane but only a few of them offer value beyond color!
Who is presenting?
Frank Lavieri, Executive Vice President Sales & Marketing, DCL Corporation
Frank led the North American Sales & Marketing departments through the integration of Dominion Colour and LANSCO COLORS. As a result, we have formed cohesive Sales team, a strong resale purchasing body, and a Technical Service organization committed to satisfying customers and achieving excellence. Presently, he has been dedicating most of his time implementing a new ERP system along with SalesForce.com. This effort will help to complete the integration and strengthen DCL with the preferred digital platforms supporting future growth and development.
He has worked in the Pigment Industry for 30 years and held management positions in Clariant Corporation, LANSCO COLORS and now DCL Corporation in the areas of R&D, Regulatory Compliance, & Marketing. He holds a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and a BS in Chemistry from the University of Connecticut.
Panelists who will be available for Q&A at the end of the webinar include: Curtis Ross (Technical Service Manager, Canada), Zeki Acar (Business Development Manager Coatings – Europe) and Jadel Baptista (Technical Director, USA).
Click here to Register!
386: Chromium Oxide Green, PG 17
With the expectation that the Global Camouflage Coatings Market will show high growth in the coming years, specifically for military uniforms, we thought it only fitting to share some key highlights about our Green 386 that is designed for camouflage applications.
It is a very dark shade, stable green pigment that has excellent overall properties, including chemical resistance, weatherfastness, lightfastness and heat stability (up to 980°C!). It is used in both coatings and plastics applications, and is FDA approved.
Want to learn more? Download the Product Flyer!
Looking for the Most Alkali-Stable Bismuth Vanadate Pigment for Architectural Coatings?
DCL’s Bismuth Vanadate Yellows are the market leaders in architectural coatings due to their superior alkali stability versus other conventional and competitive grades.
- Yellow 2GTAA:Green-shade, fail-safe, extremely resistant grade for the most sensitive applications. Download the TDS here!
- Yellow 3GMXA: Most alkaline stable and green shade yellow with high color strength
Download the TDS here!
- Yellow RMXA: Medium shade yellow with excellent alkali stability. Download the TDS here!
We would like to inform you that despite lockdowns in certain regions, our sites remain open as we are considered an essential business. We continue to have our non-site essential employees working from home to reduce the spread of COVID-19, while our site-essential employees remain on site and must adhere to strict screening protocols to ensure the safety of our staff. All third-party visits are limited to essential purposes and must also follow strict screening protocols. We are here for you – please reach out to your local representative if you have any questions!
Your Sales Representatives
Please contact your regional sales representative for more information on the products advertised here and any others in our product range.
- Jeff Babich, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Michele Claeson, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Rick Devore, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Larry Lane, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Mark Freshwater, VP Sales & Marketing Organic Pigments (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Paul Holder, Sales Manager, Canada (email@example.com)
- Suzanne Letrondo, Technical Sales Representative Specialty Coatings, Monteith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jon Morrison, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Bob Neu, Business Development Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Hani Sarhan, General Sales Manager (Canada) (email@example.com)
- Peter Baggen, Vice President Sales (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Andy Fenlon, Director of European Sales (email@example.com)
- Dominique Galy, Sales Manager, France, Spain & Portugal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lieven Vandenberghe, European Coatings Industry, Coordination Manager (email@example.com)
- Raimund Wilhelm, Sales Manager, DACH Region (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prakash Naik, UK, Global Procurement & Business Development (email@example.com)
- Laura Kenny, Business Development Representative, UK (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Phil Conway, Sales Manager, UK (email@example.com)
- Cosimo Azzarito, Sales Manager, Italy, Key Account Manager Inks, EMEA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Patrick Chan, Regional Sales Director, Asia Pacific & LATAM (email@example.com)
- Effendi Wijaya, Technical Sales Manager, Asia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Yvonne Chang, Technical Sales Manager, Asia (email@example.com)
- Haytham Sayed, Business Development – Middle East & Africa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Michele Claeson, Sales Manager, Puerto Rico (email@example.com)
- Denis Rojas, Regional Sales Manager, North Latin America & Caribbean (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Zully Villalobos, Technical Sales Manager, Latin America (email@example.com)
About DCL Corporation
DCL Corporation is a manufacturer and supplier of pigments for our customers in the coatings, plastics, printing ink and paper industries worldwide. Our extensive range of pigments is backed by technical expertise, our commitment to service excellence, continuous improvement, environmental, health, safety and social responsibility. Please visit www.pigments.com for more information on our product range.