July 2022 Newsletter: See the Difference We Make
Check out this month’s issue to learn about the following:
- Join us at SPE CAD RETEC 2022!
- Interested in Perylene Pigments? Join our webinar on September 21st!
- Sustainability at DCL
- DCL Re-branding Update
- DCL Legal Notice Reminder
- DCL Hires Ukrainian Refugees as part of the DCL Team!
Join us at SPE CAD RETEC 2022!
DCL will be exhibiting at the annual SPE CAD RETEC, being held in Orlando from September 12-14. We are hosting several events at the show, see below for more details!
- We will be hosting our annual breakfast on September 13th, starting at 7:00 AM!
5K Fun Run
- The annual Fun Run/Walk will be hosted on September 14th at 7:00 AM. Proceeds will go to the local Habitat for Humanity. Participants will receive a free t-shirt!
More details to follow in our August issue. We can’t wait to see you there! Contact us if you would like more details.
Interested in Perylene Pigments? Join our webinar on September 21st!
DCL presents how high-transparent, mega-vivid and ultra-chromatic red effect-colors for all kinds of liquid coatings with the main focus on automotive and plastic applications, can be achieved.
This will be presented by Martin Georg Baier, DCL’s Technical Key Account Manager for Automotive Coatings. Technical panelists will include Scott Heitzman and Nigel Smith.
Want a sneak-peek? Hear from our speaker today!
Sustainability at DCL
DCL’s top core value is our commitment to the environment, health and safety. This includes protecting our employees, communities, and the environment. DCL prides itself on its ability to continuously reduce emissions in our plants, reduce electricity consumption, decrease fuel requirements, and reduce harmful waste. In 2022, we have implemented initiatives at various sites to continuously lower our carbon footprint.
At the DCL Waterfoot site in the UK, we invested in a new roof and solar panels which is reducing electricity by 10%. More recently, our new transformer was installed at the same site, which should reduce electricity consumption by approximately 10% (see picture to the right). A replacement chiller will be installed this year as well.
At our New Toronto site in Canada, we started diverting plastic skids to recycling/re-use via Niagara Pallets. Previously, they were being sent out in solid waste. This amounts to approximately 30 plastic pallets a month at 15KG each. Additionally, we have put water metering systems in to control over-washing of presses. We started washing 8136, a long washing intermediate with hot water to reduce total consumption as well.
Moving Forward, there is a “European Green Deal” that focuses on reducing net greenhouse gas emissions by at least 55% by 2030, and to be climate neutral by 2050 (= no net emissions of greenhouse gases). This includes various actions posing huge challenges for the whole chemical industry in the EU. For the pigments, dyes, and fillers industry, Eurocolour is closely following the process and updating its members on a regular basis. Even though pigments, dyes, and fillers already significantly contribute to the performance and sustainability of products, many of the proposed actions raise concern within Eurocolour. To foster innovations, we need to take care to avoid “overregulation” and try to decrease burdens, especially for SMEs. This is just the beginning of a long roadmap of 47 measures which may still be changed, supplemented, and/or expanded upon. Regulations impacting chemicals are mainly covered under the “zero pollution ambition”.
Some actions and proposals were already started in 2021, including:
- The CLP revision – such as the implementation of new hazards; implement a harmonized classification for identified substances
- The REACH revision – the resulting interactions may lead to an immense increase of banned or restricted chemicals for specific applications, and
- The revision of the recommendation of a definition for a nanomaterial, which has become final on 10 June 2022.
- As not all is settled yet, Eurocolour as representing the pigments, dyes, and fillers industry is closely following the process and submitting comments during public consultation periods, trying to avoid too many burdens.
Soon DCL will need to review and monitor all these changes and check the impact on its products, which is a continuous process.
DCL: Re-branding Update
As you are aware, DCL is the combined entity of the former Dominion Colour Corporation (DCC) and LANSCO Colors bringing together two of the top pigment suppliers globally into one world-class organization with the broadest portfolio in the industry with over 300 products in organics, inorganics and effect pigments as well as dispersions.
As part of the rebranding process, we are updating all our marketing materials, including the design of the bags you receive from DCL, which will reflect our new name and logo as our current inventory is depleted. You will also see branding changes to any labels we include on our packaging depending on the source and regulatory requirements for the product and region they are being sold into. The product codes and information shown on the bags, labels & documents are not changing only the branding. Regional specific products corresponding to our range of effect pigments, and CICP’s in North America will not change branding and the nomenclature will remain as currently provided.
Moving forward, you will see modifications in the naming convention used at DCL on our TDS and SDS documents for legacy DCC and LANSCO products. Please see examples below.
- DCC Yellow 1104 becomes DCL-1104 Hansa Yellow, PY.1
- Ex-LANSCO product 1334 Opaque Orange 34 becomes DCL-1334 Opaque Orange, PO.34
- DCC Yellow 2093 becomes DCL-2093 Bismuth Vanadate, PY.184
- Ex-LANSCO product 5093 Phthalo Blue 15:3 becomes DCL-5093 Phthalocyanine Blue, PB.15:3
Invoices, picking lists and COA’s will illustrate the item name and item number from our ERP system e.g. DCC Yellow 2093 becomes DCL-2093 Bismuth Vanadate, PY.184 in a TDS and SOS, and will be shown as 2093-DP25 (Item name) and item# 100024 in invoices, picking lists and COA’s.
Please note, this does not apply to any products produced or sold from the Bushy Park site.
We want to thank you for the enduring support you have given us, and we look forward to continuing to service your requirements in the same consistent manner as DCL Corporation moving forward.
DCL Legal Notice Reminder
Global: DCL Global Customers Currently Being Serviced & Invoiced by DCL Corporation, DCL Corporation (NL) B.V. or DCL Corporation (Europe) Limited
On July 1st, 2022, DCL implemented its new integrated ERP system globally after completing Phase I last July 2021 in which we brought our US business onto the platform. Concurrent with this change, effective July 1st, as part of an internal corporate restructuring within DCL to further streamline our legal entities, your new invoicing entity will be DCL Corporation (USA), LLC. Please note that this change does not impact our customers purchasing our high-performance pigments business acquired from Sun Chemical which is sold by DCL Corporation (BP), LLC.
The following changes occured July 1st, 2022, for customers serviced and invoiced from DCL Corporation, DCL Corporation (NL) B.V. or DCL Corporation (Europe) Limited:
- Customers will need to set up DCL Corporation (USA), LLC in their system as the supplier moving forward
- Purchase Orders for shipments with delivery dates after July 1st should be placed to DCL Corporation (USA), LLC
- Invoices for shipments confirmed after July 1st will be issued by DCL Corporation (USA), LLC.
- Payments for invoices confirmed after July 1st are required to be remitted to DCL Corporation (USA), LLC.
Note that your existing payment terms and other relevant account details will remain unchanged. All invoices issued prior to July 1st, 2022, remain payable to DCL Corporation, and should be settled in accordance with agreed upon payment terms.
Updated banking details can be obtained from your Customer Service or Sales Representative. Please ensure to update your records in a timely manner to avoid any delays in processing.
DCL truly appreciates your business, and we hope to work with you for a smooth transition of our change in legal entity as well as our integration into our new global ERP. Again, as a reminder, this letter and applicable changes does not apply to products being purchased from our DCL Corporation (BP), LLC legal entity.
USA Customers: Notice in Banking Details and Mailing Address Change for DCL Corporation (USA), LLC
Effective July 1st, 2022, DCL Corporation (USA), LLC (“the Company”) migrated to a new banking platform. Updated banking details (applicable as of July 1st, 2022) are included in this communication. Please note, this change does NOT apply to the products purchased through the legal entity DCL Corporation (BP), LLC which manages the business we acquired from Sun Chemical. There are no changes for that legal entity.
Under the new banking platform, the Company will also be adding a strategically located lockbox to assist in streamlining processing of check remittances. Effective July 1st, 2022, all remittances via check should be directed to the lockbox address set out below. Checks received at our corporate address may be delayed in processing as we transition to the lockbox.
Please ensure to update your records with the enclosed banking details, including the new mailing address for our lockbox, in a timely manner to avoid any delays in processing.
Effective July 1, 2022, the DCL Corporation (USA), LLC will also be revising its corporate mailing address as we continue to streamline internal operations. The revised corporate mailing address for all correspondence as of July 1st, 2022, is as follows:
DCL Corporation (USA), LLC
1506 Bushy Park Road
Goose Creek, SC 29445
Should you have any questions regarding these changes, please feel free to reach out to your DCL Sales Representative. Again, as a reminder, this change applies only to products purchased via DCL Corporation (USA), LLC (the legacy DCL US business) and does NOT apply to products being purchased from the DCL Corporation (BP), LLC legal entity which services the business acquired by Sun Chemical in 2021.
DCL Hires Ukrainian Refugees as part of the DCL Team!
The displacement of people from Ukraine is a global crisis and DCL is doing our part to help by hiring refuges who have moved to The Netherlands. Five Ukrainians have already started working at our Maastricht plant which makes our Bismuth Vanadate pigments.
Please join us in welcoming Victor Pushkar, Andrii Kravets, Sarhis Nikohsian, Oleksiy Borodkin & Mykhailo Polozenko to our company, wishing them every success and happiness at DCL.
Your Sales Managers
Please contact your regional sales manager for more information on the products advertised here and any others in our product range.
- Jeff Babich, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Michele Claeson, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Rick Devore, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Melissa Koester, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Larry Lane, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Frank Lavieri, Executive VP Sales & Marketing (email@example.com)
- Mark Freshwater, VP Sales & Marketing Organic Pigments (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Scott Heitzman, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Paul Holder, Sales Manager, Canada (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Suzanne Letrondo, Sales Manager, Coatings & Dispersions, Monteith (email@example.com)
- Jon Morrison, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Peter Baggen, Vice President Sales (email@example.com)
- Andy Fenlon, Director of European Sales (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lieven Vandenberghe, European Coatings Industry, Coordination Manager (email@example.com)
- Raimund Wilhelm, Sales Manager, DACH Region (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prakash Naik, UK, Global Procurement & Business Development (email@example.com)
- Laura Kenny, Sales Manager, Dispersions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Phil Conway, Sales Manager, UK (email@example.com)
- Cosimo Azzarito, Sales Manager, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Key Account Manager Inks, EMEA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Andreas Weis, Sales Manager DACH Region (email@example.com)
- Deniz Sarialtin, Sales Manager, France (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Patrick Chan, Regional Sales Director, Asia Pacific (email@example.com)
- Effendi Wijaya, Technical Sales Manager, Asia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Yvonne Chang, Technical Sales Manager, Asia (email@example.com)
- Haytham Sayed, Business Development – Middle East & Africa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Michele Claeson, Sales Manager, Puerto Rico (email@example.com)
- Denis Rojas, Regional Sales Manager, North Latin America & Caribbean (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Zully Villalobos, Technical Sales Manager, Latin America (email@example.com)
About DCL Corporation
DCL Corporation is a manufacturer and supplier of pigments for our customers in the coatings, plastics, printing ink and paper industries worldwide. Our extensive range of pigments is backed by technical expertise, our commitment to service excellence, continuous improvement, environmental, health, safety and social responsibility. Please visit www.pigments.com for more information on our product range.