October 2021 Newsletter: See the Difference We Make
Check out this month’s issue to learn about the following:
- 2022 Color Trends
- 7191: High-Performance, FDA Approved Pigment for Plastics
- Eastern Coatings Show: Join us from November 17-19, 2021
- European and North American Sales Teams get together since 2019!
- Upcoming Webinars in 2021-2022
2022 Colors of the Year
The most widely known annual color trends are set by Pantone. Last year, the Pantone Colors of the Year for 2021 are: Ultimate Gray and Illuminating. This color combination was meant to be uplifting through the combination of practicality with a hint of warmth and optimism. This year, the predicted color trends in 2022 are even more vibrant, comforting and earthy tones. Pantone predicts vibrant primary colors, familiar neutrals (chocolate brown, sandy beige and pale grey), soothing nature-inspired hue (shades of blue and green), and playful pastels (blush pink and powder blue).
Several companies have announced their 2022 Color trends, what follows is an overview of some of them!
Dulux Colour of the Year 2022: Bright Skies
This blue color ‘Bright Skies’ ties into the calming, earthy theme of 2022.
Sherwin-Williams: Evergreen Fog
Evergreen Fog is a “nourishing and sophisticated gray-green hue which is perfect indoors and outdoors.”
Behr’s 2022 Color, Breezeway, is “inspired by the earth’s beauty and mimics naturally stunning sea glass found on the shore of salty beaches.” Behr has 20 colors in their 2022 color palette, which are all soothing, warming tones.
Farrow & Ball
Farrow and Ball have chosen five colors as their color trends 2022. They are all earthy yet bright tones that bring warmth to a room.
Babouche No. 233
School House White No. 291
Breakfast Room Green No. 81
Stone Blue No. 86
Incarnadine No. 248
7191: High-Performance, FDA Approved Pigment for Plastics
7191 is a high-performance red shade yellow that is manufactured in Canada by DCL. It is recommended for a broad base of plastics applications where excellent heat stability and warpage resistance are required. It is also FDA Approved for indirect food applications. Click on the video below to learn more about the key product highlights!
Join us at the Eastern Coatings Show, from November 17-19 at Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City. It is the largest regional coatings show in America. We will be at booth #401!
Make sure to check out Jadel Baptista’s presentation on how to maximize your coating’s performance through proper pigment selection. It will be presented on November 18th at 4:00 PM (Track 1 – Avalon 1/ 2). Check out his abstract below!
Title: Maximizing Coatings Performance and Processing Efficiency with Proper Pigment Selection
Author: Jadel Baptista, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: (401) 250-5752
Abstract: Each pigment chemistry has the potential to interact in specific ways with the other ingredients of a coating system, changing its originally physical-chemical attributes, and therefore affecting the final coating properties.
Knowing a pigment’s chemical structure and intermolecular forces is the starting point to understanding the behavior of all color indexes in a coatings system and the subtle characteristics that high performance pigment chemistries have that are responsible for better performance than classical pigments. The material to be presented is support material to assist formulator’s efforts to use affordable and ordinary chemistries in an ideal formulation/processing environment in order to, not only extract the best possible outcome of a specific formula, but also avoid potential processing and stability problems.
This paper will focus on important inorganic and organic pigment families encompassing violet, blue, green, yellow, orange, and red color spaces, highlighting their strengths, weaknesses, and real-life examples of processing/ applications in which these interactions may potentially cause issues in the final product.
To see the full conference program, click here!
EU & NA Sales Teams get together!
For the first time since 2019, our sales teams convened!
European Sales Team
Left to right:
Laura Kenny, Peter Baggen, Deniz Sarialtin, Andreas Weis, Martin Baier, Raimund Wilhelm, Andy Fenlon, Lieven Vandenberghe, Phil Conway, Cosimo Azzarito
North American Sales Team
Left to right:
Rick Devore, Frank Lavieri, Michele Claeson, Jadel Baptista, Mark Freshwater, Don Greenwald, Denis Rojas, and Becky Devore.
Left to right:
Jeff Babich, Jon Morrison, Payam Baroudi, Bruce Howie, Larry Lane, Magen Buterbaugh, Ivone Beato, Melissa Koester
Ultramarine – Unique Blue for your Color Match Toolbox
November 16th, 2021
This webinar will focus on the application and use, Properties, Product Range, Color Space, Cost Performance, Offsets, and more! It will be presented by Larry Lane (Sales Manager, Southwest USA), who has a breadth of knowledge and experience with these products. Panelists will include Frank Lavieri and Jadel Baptista.
About our Speaker
Larry Lane has 45 years’ experience in the pigments and color concentrate industry. He has a National Diploma in Chemical Plant Operations WCATE Johannesburg South Africa, Diploma from Damelin Management School Johannesburg, South Africa in Marketing Management Production Management and Business Management and a Diploma in Business Management Wits Graduate School of Business Administration, Johannesburg, South Africa.
He has worked as Plant Supervisor, Chemist and Technical Sales Pigment & Additives at Ciba-Geigy; Sales Manager and General Manager at various color concentrate houses including Ferro. Implemented the first Datacolor spectrophotometer in color concentrate industry in South Africa. Sales Manager at Johnson Matthey, Product Manager at Rockwood, Director of Sales & Marketing Nubiola USA, Business Manager at Ferro Pigments and joined DCL beginning 2021 as VP Sales SW USA.
“Into The Blue” – The Mystery of Indanthrone Blue
January 11th, 2022
This webinar will focus on the history of Indanthrone blue, its value in use, and some of its mysteries! It will be presented by Lieven Vandenberghe (European Coatings Industry, Coordination Manager). Technical staff will be available to answer questions during the webinar, and include: Curtis Ross, Martin Baier, and Bruce Howie.
Re-watch Previous Webinars on our Events Page today!
Your Sales Managers
Please contact your regional sales manager for more information on the products advertised here and any others in our product range.
- Jeff Babich, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Michele Claeson, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rick Devore, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Melissa Koester, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Larry Lane, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Frank Lavieri, Executive VP Sales & Marketing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mark Freshwater, VP Sales & Marketing Organic Pigments (email@example.com)
- Scott Heitzman, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Paul Holder, Sales Manager, Canada (email@example.com)
- Suzanne Letrondo, Technical Sales Representative Specialty Coatings, Monteith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jon Morrison, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Bob Neu, Business Development Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Peter Baggen, Vice President Sales (email@example.com)
- Andy Fenlon, Director of European Sales (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lieven Vandenberghe, European Coatings Industry, Coordination Manager (email@example.com)
- Raimund Wilhelm, Sales Manager, DACH Region (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prakash Naik, UK, Global Procurement & Business Development (email@example.com)
- Laura Kenny, Sales Manager, Dispersions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Phil Conway, Sales Manager, UK (email@example.com)
- Cosimo Azzarito, Sales Manager, Italy, Key Account Manager Inks, EMEA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Andreas Weis, Sales Manager DACH Region (email@example.com)
- Deniz Sarialtin, Sales Manager, France (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Patrick Chan, Regional Sales Director, Asia Pacific & LATAM (email@example.com)
- Effendi Wijaya, Technical Sales Manager, Asia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Yvonne Chang, Technical Sales Manager, Asia (email@example.com)
- Haytham Sayed, Business Development – Middle East & Africa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Michele Claeson, Sales Manager, Puerto Rico (email@example.com)
- Denis Rojas, Regional Sales Manager, North Latin America & Caribbean (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Zully Villalobos, Technical Sales Manager, Latin America (email@example.com)
About DCL Corporation
DCL Corporation is a manufacturer and supplier of pigments for our customers in the coatings, plastics, printing ink and paper industries worldwide. Our extensive range of pigments is backed by technical expertise, our commitment to service excellence, continuous improvement, environmental, health, safety and social responsibility. Please visit www.pigments.com for more information on our product range.