September 2022 Newsletter: See the Difference We Make
Check out this month’s issue to learn about the following:
- DCL-PY.169-02 New Red Shade Yellow for Plastics
- RAL Shade Matching: Is the Lowest Cost Formula Always Better?
- Highlights from SPE CAD RETEC 2022
- Did you miss our webinar on Perylene Pigments? Watch it here today!
- Important Finance Reminder for Customers
New Red Shade Yellow for Plastics
Pigment Yellow 169 is a new metal-azo pigment, developed by DCL to fill a unique gap: low cost, red-shade yellow for plastics with excellent dispersibility. This is a new chemistry in the market for the plastics sector. It is heavy metal free, DCB free and low PAA, making it a great choice for eco-tox and indirect food contact AP(89)1 and Mercosur applications.
PY.169 is the reddest shade Calcium Azo Yellow, with performance similar to PY.62. It has a similar shade to Diarylide PY.83, Isoindoline PY.139, Benzimidazolone PY.181 and Isoindoline PY.110, at a fraction of the cost.
The following chart shows the comparison of PY.169 in masstone with other yellow pigments in LDPE.
The following chart shows a comparison of tint strength in LDPE.
This pigment is registered in the following countries:
- USA – TSCA active List with no restrictions.
- Canada – NDSL. NSN 21136 with 10 ton/yr limit for PY.169, but can be expanded to unlimited “export only” volume in future.
- EU – EINECS, but not yet REACH registered, so 1 ton/year limit.
- Registered in Japan (ENCS), New Zealand (NZloC), Philippines (PICCS), Taiwan (TCSI).
Its key features include:
- Low Cost
- Low Warping
- 250 C Heat stability
- Low Filter Pressure
- Good Lightfastness
- No Color Bleed
Learn more about the product here.
Click here to book a meeting with a technical representative or order a sample!
RAL Shade Matching: Is the Lowest Cost Formula Always Better?
DCL’s Zeki Acar, Application Specialist and Business Development Manager, will be presenting on RAL Colours at the Paint & Coatings Conference in Milan, October 25-26, 2022. His presentation will take place on October 25th, from 2:20-2:40 in Arena 4.
Abstract: In this lecture the pigmentation possibilities of the RAL colours 1023 Traffic Yellow, 2004 Traffic Orange, 3020 Traffic Red will be shown, also using a classic lead pigmentation as a reference. For industrial applications, different pigments and pigmentations will be compared in terms of material costs, opacity and long-term outdoor durability to show the long-term costs of colour maintenance.
This study is ultimately intended to raise awareness among paint manufacturers that the supposedly cheap pigments on a per kilo basis may prove to be less cost-efficient than the expensive pigments in the long run.
For more information, click here!
Highlights from SPE CAD RETEC 2022!
The annual SPE CAD RETEC took place in Orlando from September 12-14. We hosted our annual breakfast as well as Fun Run. We had 23 runners participate, raising $1,150 for the Orlando Habitat for Humanity. The SPE CAD RETEC met each dollar raised, and a cheque was presented by Frank Lavieri to the HFH at the closing ceremonies.
Check out the photos below for some highlights from SPE CAD RETEC!
Did you miss our Webinar on Perylene Pigments?
Watch the webinar today!
On September 21, 2022, DCL’s Martin Georg Baier presented on how high-transparent, mega-vivid and ultra-chromatic reds can been achieved in coatings for automotive and plastics.
If you missed this webinar, you are in luck! You can watch it by clicking here.
Important Finance Reminder for Customers
Global: DCL Global Customers Currently Being Serviced & Invoiced by DCL Corporation, DCL Corporation (NL) B.V. or DCL Corporation (Europe) Limited
On July 1st, 2022, DCL implemented its new integrated ERP system globally after completing Phase I last July 2021 in which we brought our US business onto the platform. Concurrent with this change, effective July 1st, as part of an internal corporate restructuring within DCL to further streamline our legal entities, your new invoicing entity will be DCL Corporation (USA), LLC. Please note that this change does not impact our customers purchasing our high-performance pigments business acquired from Sun Chemical which is sold by DCL Corporation (BP), LLC.
The following changes occured July 1st, 2022, for customers serviced and invoiced from DCL Corporation, DCL Corporation (NL) B.V. or DCL Corporation (Europe) Limited:
- Customers will need to set up DCL Corporation (USA), LLC in their system as the supplier moving forward
- Purchase Orders for shipments with delivery dates after July 1st should be placed to DCL Corporation (USA), LLC
- Invoices for shipments confirmed after July 1st will be issued by DCL Corporation (USA), LLC.
- Payments for invoices confirmed after July 1st are required to be remitted to DCL Corporation (USA), LLC.
Note that your existing payment terms and other relevant account details will remain unchanged. All invoices issued prior to July 1st, 2022, remain payable to DCL Corporation, and should be settled in accordance with agreed upon payment terms.
Updated banking details can be obtained from your Customer Service or Sales Representative. Please ensure to update your records in a timely manner to avoid any delays in processing.
DCL truly appreciates your business, and we hope to work with you for a smooth transition of our change in legal entity as well as our integration into our new global ERP. Again, as a reminder, this letter and applicable changes does not apply to products being purchased from our DCL Corporation (BP), LLC legal entity.
USA Customers: Notice in Banking Details and Mailing Address Change for DCL Corporation (USA), LLC
Effective July 1st, 2022, DCL Corporation (USA), LLC (“the Company”) migrated to a new banking platform. Updated banking details (applicable as of July 1st, 2022) are included in this communication. Please note, this change does NOT apply to the products purchased through the legal entity DCL Corporation (BP), LLC which manages the business we acquired from Sun Chemical. There are no changes for that legal entity.
Under the new banking platform, the Company will also be adding a strategically located lockbox to assist in streamlining processing of check remittances. Effective July 1st, 2022, all remittances via check should be directed to the lockbox address set out below. Checks received at our corporate address may be delayed in processing as we transition to the lockbox.
Please ensure to update your records with the enclosed banking details, including the new mailing address for our lockbox, in a timely manner to avoid any delays in processing.
Effective July 1, 2022, the DCL Corporation (USA), LLC will also be revising its corporate mailing address as we continue to streamline internal operations. The revised corporate mailing address for all correspondence as of July 1st, 2022, is as follows:
DCL Corporation (USA), LLC
1506 Bushy Park Road
Goose Creek, SC 29445
Should you have any questions regarding these changes, please feel free to reach out to your DCL Sales Representative. Again, as a reminder, this change applies only to products purchased via DCL Corporation (USA), LLC (the legacy DCL US business) and does NOT apply to products being purchased from the DCL Corporation (BP), LLC legal entity which services the business acquired by Sun Chemical in 2021.
Your Sales Managers
Please contact your regional sales manager for more information on the products advertised here and any others in our product range.
- Jeff Babich, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Michele Claeson, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Rick Devore, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Larry Lane, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Frank Lavieri, Executive VP Sales & Marketing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mark Freshwater, VP Sales & Marketing Organic Pigments (email@example.com)
- Scott Heitzman, Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Paul Holder, Sales Manager, Canada (email@example.com)
- Suzanne Letrondo, Sales Manager, Coatings & Dispersions, Monteith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jon Morrison, Sales Manager (email@example.com)
- Peter Baggen, Vice President Sales (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Andy Fenlon, Director of European Sales (email@example.com)
- Lieven Vandenberghe, European Coatings Industry, Coordination Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Raimund Wilhelm, Sales Manager, DACH Region (email@example.com)
- Prakash Naik, UK, Global Procurement & Business Development (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Laura Kenny, Sales Manager, Dispersions (email@example.com)
- Phil Conway, Sales Manager, UK (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cosimo Azzarito, Sales Manager, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Key Account Manager Inks, EMEA (email@example.com)
- Andreas Weis, Sales Manager DACH Region (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Deniz Sarialtin, Sales Manager, France (email@example.com)
- Patrick Chan, Regional Sales Director, Asia Pacific (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Effendi Wijaya, Technical Sales Manager, Asia (email@example.com)
- Yvonne Chang, Technical Sales Manager, Asia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Haytham Sayed, Business Development – Middle East & Africa (email@example.com)
- Michele Claeson, Sales Manager, Puerto Rico (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Denis Rojas, Regional Sales Manager, North Latin America & Caribbean (email@example.com)
- Zully Villalobos, Technical Sales Manager, Latin America (firstname.lastname@example.org)
About DCL Corporation
DCL Corporation is a manufacturer and supplier of pigments for our customers in the coatings, plastics, printing ink and paper industries worldwide. Our extensive range of pigments is backed by technical expertise, our commitment to service excellence, continuous improvement, environmental, health, safety and social responsibility. Please visit www.pigments.com for more information on our product range.